The data user for this website is HONOR TECHNOLOGY (MALAYSIA) SDN. BHD, a company incorporated in Level 31, Menara Binjai, NO.2 Jalan Binjai, 50450 Kuala Lumpur. (hereinafter referred to as "HONOR", "we", "us", or "our").
We understand the importance of your privacy. Please take the time to read this Privacy Notice carefully to understand how we will use your personal data.
HONOR Support is not provided or intended to be used by minors. If you are a minor and have an HONOR Support query please ask your parent or guardian to raise the query on your behalf.
This statement describes:
We may collect and process the following personal data about you, depending on the types of services you use on this website:
(1) Account information relating to Account ID other than HONOR ID: when you log in this website with third-party ID，including Google ID, we will collect the account identifiers and other information shared with us by the third parties, including the username, profile picture registered with that Google ID account.
(2) Your HONOR ID account information: If you log in using your HONOR ID, we collect your username, email address, phone number and profile picture registered with that HONOR ID.
(3) Contact information: Your Name, email address, phone number, postcode and postal address as necessary to arrange device delivery/collection.
(4) Device information: Device model, Device Identifier (IMEI/SN).
(5) Customer services information: Your contact information, and a record of your HONOR Support query by email, live chat, hotline, social media direct messages or in store.
To provide you with requested services and to fulfil our contractual obligations to you, we process the following data for the associated purposes. Unless otherwise stated in this Statement, you may no longer be able to enjoy the relevant service(s) if you refuse the collection and processing of your personal data for these services.
(1) log-in accounts: if you choose to log-in using your HONOR ID/Google ID, we process your account information in order to provide logged-in services to you.
(2) Postal Repair Service (if provided): we will use your contact information and device information to make postal repair service bookings for you and enable our logistic partner to collect and deliver devices from your home address or selected collection points.
(3) Customer service queries: we process your HONOR ID/Google ID account information, your contact details and customer services information to assist you with your questions and queries, orders, returns, troubleshooting, FAQs, and all other customer service enquiries.
(4) Business analysis and improvement: we process your device information (IMEI/SN) to forecast spare part, and to settle in-warranty repair invoices from our repair supplier.
On the basis of your consent or if you do not object, we process the following data for the associated purposes:
(1) Sharing with service providers: We use intragroup and third-party service providers, including payment services providers, customer service agents and repair companies. They will have access to your personal data only as required to fulfil their contractual obligations to us. Our services providers have been carefully selected and commissioned by us, are bound by contract and will not process your personal data for any other purposes.
(2) Sharing within group companies: To check whether your device is within warranty, we will share your IMEI/SN and proof of purchase with our Chinese manufacturing company Honor Device Co.,Ltd., which records the date of activation of your device. We will also share non-personally identifiable information, such as device model and broken parts, with Honor Device Co., Ltd., for the purposes of spare parts forecasting and repair supplier settlement.
(3) Sharing with third parties: We share your personal data with delivery and logistics providers such as DHL to deliver or collect devices to/from you.
(4) Legal or regulatory disclosures: HONOR may share your personal data to meet requirements of applicable law and regulation, in response to requests from regulators, courts or government agencies, or to establish or defend our legal rights.
(5) Business reorganization: Your personal data may also be disclosed as part of merger, acquisition, sale of assets (such as service agreements) or transition of service to an HONOR group or other company.
We retain your personal data for no longer than is necessary. In particular:
(1) Login Account information: We retain your HONOR ID/Google ID account information until you logout your account.
(2) Your repair service information: Name, email address, address, phone number and your Device details will be retained for up to 24 months from the date of your last contact with us.
(3) When you consult with customer service personnel on Hotline, Live Chat and Social Media(web&App), your device identifier, chat records, email address, phone number, voice and User Login ID will be retained on our the server for two (2) years.
(4) When you make queries on warranty and repair status, the Device Identifier (IMEI/SN) will be used to check the information. These information will be deleted immediately after use and will not be stored.
In relation to each of the retention periods above you can specifically request for earlier deletion by exercising your rights of objection and erasure under Section 5: You rights and choices. Requests will be handled in accordance with applicable legal requirements.
|Your right||Description||How to exercise your rights?|
|Right of access||You can receive a copy of personal data we process you.||(1) Please log in to Your Account by clicking this icon on the website and clicking Login/ Register. You can access your
order information, address information, subscription information, and Community
information in Your Account. You can click the shopping cart icon to access your
(2) You can exercise your data subject rights in Section 6.
|Right of portability||You can receive certain data that you have provided to us in a machine-readable format.||If you need to obtain a digital copy of your personal data: you can exercise your data subject rights in Section 6.|
|Right of erasure||You can have your data erased under certain conditions.||(1) Please log in to Your Account by clicking this icon on the website and clicking Login/ Register.
(2) You can exercise your data subject rights in Section 6.
|Right of correction||You can have your inaccurate data corrected and incomplete data completed.||(1) Please log in to Your Account by clicking this icon on the website and clicking Login/ Register. You can edit or delete
details in Your Address.
(2) You can request to correct your data through contacting us in Section 6.
|Withdraw consent||You can withdraw consents to the processing of personal data based on your consents.||(1) If you want to unsubscribe from the electronic communications, in the email
you receive, please click the link for un-subscription.
(2) For notification, please go to your browser settings to withdraw your consent in the respective browser.
(3) You can exercise your data subject rights in Section 6.
|Right to object||You can object to processing of your data to certain purposes such as direct marketing.||You can exercise your right of objection in Section 6.|
|Right to restrict processing||You can restrict processing of your personal data under certain conditions.||You have the right to request for restriction of processing of your data in
Section 6 under the following scenarios:
• The accuracy of your data is contested by you, and we need a period to verify the accuracy of your data.
• Your data is unlawfully processed but you do not want to erase it.
• You have a legal claim that you need to establish, exercise, or defend, and you requested us to keep your data when we would not keep it otherwise.
• Your request for objection is pending our verification.
We have a department (or specialists) dedicated to personal information protection. If you have any questions, comments, or suggestions regarding your personal information, contact us via (email@example.com).
We will reply as soon as possible. If you think that our data processing has infringed upon your legal rights and interests, you have the right to file a complaint with or report to the corresponding regulatory authority.
HONOR reserves the right to update this Notice at any time. Should this Notice be updated, HONOR will release the change notice via various channels, including posting the latest version on our official website: https://www.hihonor.com/my/support/
The most current version of this Privacy Notice will always be available here. You can check the “effective date” posted at the top to see when this Privacy Notice was last updated.
IMPORTANT: This Privacy Notice applies to HONOR Support only. For our privacy commitments in relation to other products and services, please see the applicable privacy notice of those products and services. If you want to learn more about HONOR’s privacy commitments in general, please read our Privacy and Personal Information Protection Policy.