The HiHonor website is a platform operated by Huawei Technologies (Malaysia) Sdn Bhd (hereinafter referred to as "we" or "Huawei") that provides you with user login, product browsing, online reservation, online purchase, advertisement, user comment, user inquiry, distribution services, as well as product information, usage tips, and EMUI resources for Honor and other third-party products. Huawei Technologies (Malaysia) Sdn Bhd is a company duly incorporated and existing under the laws of Malaysia, with its place of business located at Suite 34-01, Level 34, Integra Tower, the Intermark, 348, Jalan Tun Razak, 55000 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
We understand the importance of your privacy, and pledge to take all appropriate security measures to protect it in accordance with the industry’s well-established safety standards.
The HiHonor website is not intended for use by children under the age of 18. If you are aged under 18, you need your guardian to agree to your use of the HiHonor website and agree to relevant terms thereof.
What Data do We Collect About You
We shall only collect and use your personal information for the purposes described in this Statement. Personal data means any information that enables Huawei to identify you as a user.We will collect and process the following data:
- Device information, including identifier and device model.
- Network information, including IP address.
- Account information, including your email address, phone number, user name, profile picture and HUAWEI ID.
- Order information, including your email, postal code, phone number, shipping address, billing address, user name, order number and delivery tracking number.
- Operation records, including your browsing records and click records.
- Other relevant information that you have submitted to us, including comments, questions and feedback, as well as your forum posts, likes, shares, and votes.
How Do We Use Your Data
To provide you with the services you have subscribed to and fulfill contractual obligations, we will use and process your personal data. Your personal data will be processed to implement core functionalities for services such as user login, product browsing, online reservation, online purchase, advertisement, user comment, user inquiry, distribution, as well as to provide you with product information, usage tips, and EMUI resources for Honor and other third-party products.
If you provide your consent, we will also use your personal data for marketing purpose. We may use third-party tools to send you commercial and promotional offers you may be interested in through your email address, invite you to our promotional activities and marketing surveys and so on.
However, by unsubscribing from advertisements through the unsubscription link in the email, or by referring to the Guidelines on Unsubscription in Section 5 "What are Your Rights and Options", you reserve the right to withdraw your consent to the above mentioned processing.
Huawei will process your order information for the purposes of after-sales, tax, and financial-related services in accordance with the applicable laws and regulations.
As part of the order fulfillment services, we will obtain your delivery tracking number from the third-party service provider so that you can track the shipping status of your purchase.
As part of the forum services, if you enable the feature, we will obtain your following information from Facebook, Twitter, or Google: your profile picture and username, so that you can quickly log in to the HiHonor website and forums using your Facebook, Twitter, or Google account.
How long do We Store Your Data
We retain your personal data for no longer than is necessary for the purposes defined in this Statement. Once the retention period expires, we will delete or anonymize your personal data, unless otherwise required by laws and regulations.
As part of the HiHonor website services, the specific retention time of your personal data is as follows:
- If you deactivate your account, we will delete your corresponding personal information, including device information, network information, account information, operation records, and so on. Your order information is used for the purposes of after-sales, tax, and financial-related services, and will be retained for 7 years. If you deactivate an account or voluntarily delete an order during the data retention period, Huawei reserves the right to retain the transaction records in the background until the end of the retention period. In addition, if we discontinue our products or services, we will notify you in the form of a push notification, announcement, etc., and delete your personal information or anonymize it within a reasonable period of time.
Do We Share Your DataDisclosure to Third Parties
Disclosures related to legal requirements and business transactions
- 1) Online consultation: When you use the customer service hotline, chat tool, or customer service email address provided by the HiHonor website, the customer service provider will collect and process your following information: on behalf of us in accordance with our agreement: nick name, email address, chat records, recordings, and email content..
If you do not provide such information, customer service personnel will not be able to receive your online inquiries, nor provide you with online consulting services
- 2) Subscribed advertisement servicesIn order to send you commercial advertisement that you have subscribed to, the email service provider will process your following data on behalf of us in accordance with our agreement: email address.
- 3) Online payments: When you pay for purchases on the HiHonor website, your billing address, order number will be provided to FPX for the purposes of payment process and risk control to ensure the security of your payments and prevents theft, fraud, and other security hazards.
- 4) Logistics delivery: After your purchase is complete, your shipping address, billing address, phone number, email address, postal code, and user name will be provided to logistics service provider for postal service or parcel delivery service.If you do not provide such information, you will not be able to complete the order.
- Huawei may share your data in response to a legal process or request from a competent authority based on applicable laws or in connection with a legal proceeding or process.Your data may also be disclosed as part of a merger, acquisition, sale of assets (such as service agreements) or transition of service to a Huawei group or other company.
Consent To International Transfer Of Data
What are Your Rights and Options
In order for you to more easily access, correct, and delete your personal information during the course of using the HiHonor website, and guarantee your right to withdraw your consent regarding personal information usage, we have added the relevant operation settings in the website. You can refer to the following guidelines to operate after logging into the HiHonor website.
1Accessing your personal information
After logging into your Huawei ID, you can click “My Profile” in the upper right corner to access your Huawei ID information.
You can click “My Profile” -> “My Account” to access your member information, order information, address information, subscription information, and forum information.
You can click the shopping cart icon in the upper right corner to access your shopping cart.
If you logging into the platform by mobile browser: After logging in to your Huawei ID, you can click “Account” menu to access your order information, Huawei ID information, address information, subscription information, member information and forum information.
Deleting your personal information
After logging in to your Huawei ID, you can click “My Profile” in the upper right corner to delete your Huawei ID information.
You can click “My Account” at the upper right corner to delete your member information, order information, address information, and subscription information.
You can click the shopping cart icon in the upper right corner to delete your shopping cart information.
If you logging into the platform by mobile browser: After logging in to your Huawei ID, you can click “Account” menu to delete your order information, Huawei ID information, address information, subscription information and member information.
Changing your personal information
After logging in to your Huawei ID, you can click “My Profile” at the upper right corner to change your Huawei ID information.
You can click “My Account” in the upper right corner to change your address.
If you logging into the platform by mobile browser: After logging in to your Huawei ID, you can click “Account” menu to change your Huawei ID information and address information.
Managing your consent
If you do not want to receive the commercial advertisement we send to you, your authorization can be revoked at any time by disabling the receive notifications feature in Settings or by unsubscribing via email.
Deregistering HUAWEI IDNote: Once an account is deactivated, it can no longer be used or restored.In addition, you will not be able to recover any of your personal information from HiHonor, Honor services, third-party apps, or games.
After logging into your Huawei ID and enter account center, you can click “Settings > Delete account” to deregister of your Huawei ID.
How to Contact Us
We have a department (or data protection officer) dedicated to personal data protection. If you have any questions, comments, or suggestions on your rights as a data subject or the processing of your personal data by Huawei, please visit the contact us page.
If you have any questions, comments, or suggestions, please contact us at -
Huawei Technologies (Malaysia) Sdn BhdSuite 34-01, Level 34, Integra Tower, the Intermark,348, Jalan Tun Razak, 55000 Kuala Lumpur
Tel: 1800 22 0086
For a complete list of our office locations, please visit our website at:https://www.hihonor.com/my/
If you believe your information was not processed in accordance with this privacy statement or applicable laws and regulations, you can file a complaint with your local data protection agency.
Important Notice: The local language version of the Privacy Statement may vary from this version due to local laws and language differences. Where differences arise, the local language version shall prevail.
How Do We Update this Statement
If our method of processing personal data changes, users will be informed in advance through official web posts.
Last updated: 21st January 2019
IMPORTANT: This privacy statement is about the privacy commitment of the HiHonor website.
For more information, please read the Huawei Consumer Business Privacy Statement.