The MoveBetter Campaign is a step towards a more active global community.
The enhanced HONOR Band 5 is equipped with a Pulse Oxygen Saturation (SpO2) monitor that helps sports enthusiasts optimise their fitness performance.
[LONDON, 7 November 2019] Global smartphone brand, HONOR today held an exclusive experiential workout event to showcase the latest member from its suite of wearable products, the HONOR Band 5, and to underscore the benefits of leading an active lifestyle. Hosted at SWEAT IT, a premium functional training studio in the heart of London, the event demonstrated how users can monitor their fitness performance using the HONOR Band 5 whilst exploring what makes up a healthier lifestyle.
During the event, attendees took part in a bespoke workout, designed jointly by SWEAT IT and HONOR, that enabled guests to experience the full capabilities of the HONOR Band 5 first-hand. The team also led the fitness fans through how to understand and interpret their health data. The HONOR Band 5 boasts a host of sophisticated functions that enable users to track their daily activity and optimise their fitness regimes.
#MoveBetter to lead a healthier life
According to data from Public Health England, around 1 in 3 (34%) men and 1 in 2 (42%) women in the UK are not active enough for good health. In the UK, physical inactivity is the cause of one in every six deaths and is estimated to cost the nation approximately £7.4 billion annually. HONOR’s #MoveBetter campaign is designed to spur a nationwide movement of more active lifestyles regardless of fitness levels.
Advances in technology and specifically fitness technology (fit-tech) has allowed companies like HONOR to combat this issue with innovative products that allow individuals and communities to take greater ownership of their health and fitness. A survey by ActiveLab and Life Fitness revealed that more than 73% felt technology is an important element of physical activity.
“At HONOR, we believe in making a healthy lifestyle accessible and achievable for everyone – regardless of your fitness levels. Our #MoveBetter campaign serves as a rallying call to our global users to lead a more active lifestyle using our best-in-class fitness technology. The launch of the enhanced HONOR Band 5, with the sophisticated SpO2 monitor and 24/7 Heart Rate Tracker, is an excellent companion for anyone who wants to embark on a health and fitness journey with us,” said George Zhao, President of HONOR.
HONOR Health and Fitness Tips1
The World Health Organization (WHO) recommends adults aged 18 – 64 to do at least 150 minutes of moderate-intensity aerobic physical activity per week or at least 75 minutes of vigorous-intensity aerobic physical activity per week, or a combination of both.2
Tip 1 – Monitor your heart rate 24/7 to ensure you are training at your optimal heart rate
• The HONOR Band 5’s heart rate tracking combined with the Connected GPS allows the band to provide real-time feedback on how you are performing to allow you to train at your optimal level.
Tip 2 – Know your body and exercise safely
• Knowing the oxygen saturation level in your bloodstream during a workout ensures that you exercise effectively and safely. Blood oxygen levels between 90% and 100% are considered normal. However, once it falls below 89%, medical attention is advised. The HONOR Band 5 can assess how the body is adapting during workouts, sleep or at high altitudes, keeping you safe whatever the setting; a new standard in accessible wearable health technology.
Tip 3 – Sleep well to let your body recover
• Getting a good night’s rest is perhaps the most neglected component of a fitness routine. The HONOR Band 5’s TruSleep™ tracking feature analyses your sleep quality in real-time, identifying your sleep habits and providing suitable recommendations to help you attain better quality rest.
Tip 4 – Mix up your workout routine
• Whether that is increasing the intensity of your workout or trying a new fitness class at your local gym, be sure to expose your body to a variety of exercises so that you do not hit a fitness plateau. The HONOR Band 5 comes in 10 different fitness modes that tracks heart rate, workout time, distance and stride frequency, monitoring which ever activity you choose.
Your all-day fitness and wellness companion
Boasting a 0.95” AMOLED full-colour touchscreen, fitness and SpO2 monitor, 24-hour heart rate tracker, long-lasting battery, multiple sports and fitness modes and eight customised watch faces, the HONOR Band 5 is available in the UK for £29.99. It comes in three popular colours namely the classic Navy Blue, Dahlia Pink and Meteorite Black. The HONOR Band 5 is the only entry-level fitness tracker that is equipped with SpO2, which tracks and measures oxygen saturation levels in the user’s blood. When coupled with the tracker’s 24/7 Heart Rate Monitor, the HONOR Band 5 is here to help everyone get more active, reach optimal levels of fitness and have a safer workout.
Additional product features:
• Stylish Band Faces
• Swim Stroke Recognition
• Multiple Sports Mode
• Convenient Information Assistant
1 Contains forward looking statements and tips should not be considered as medical recommendations
Copyright © Honor Device Co., Ltd. 2020-2024. All rights reserved.
Functional cookies are used to improve functionality and personalization, such as when playing videos or during live chats.
Analytical cookies provide information on how this site is used. This improves the user experience. The data collected is aggregated and made anonymous.
Advertising cookies provide information about user interactions with HONOR content. This helps us better understand the effectiveness of the content of our emails and our website.