Privacy Statement on HONOR 50 Vlog Challenge
This Privacy Statement applies to the processing of your personal data in connection with HONOR 50
Vlog Challenge (hereinafter the “Activity”).
The data controller for the Activity is Honor Device Co., Ltd., (Suite 3401, Building 6, Shenye Middle City, No.8089, Hongli West Road, Xiangmihu Street, Futian District, Shenzhen, China）. (hereinafter referred to as "we" or "HONOR").
We understand the importance of your privacy. Please take the time to read this Privacy Statement carefully to understand how we process your personal data.
This Privacy Statement describes:
1. What personal data we collect
For you to be able to participate in the Activity it is necessary for HONOR to collect the following
- For winners: name, postal code, telephone number, shipping address, delivery tracking number, shipment number.
For winners, we will collect this personal data from you directly via private message.
2. How we use your personal data
We use only the minimum amount of personal data that is necessary to operate the Activity to fulfil
our contractual obligations to you:
- select the Activity winner by collecting your account username and comments, reposts, and likes of the contest post.
- arrange logistics for delivery of the prize by collecting your personal data (name, postal code, telephone number, shipping address), if you are the winner.
We use your personal data for the organization, selection of winners and redemption of the prize to the winners of the Activity, under the legal basis of the contract we have with you established in the present Terms.
3. How we store your personal data
(1) For participants, if you participate in the Activity through HONOR Global Community, your
account username and comments, reposts, and likes of the contest post will be stored in the
territory of Malaysia; if you participate in the Activity through Instagram, your account username
and comments, reposts, and likes of the contest post will be stored in China.
(2) For winners, your personal information (name, postal code, telephone number, shipping address, delivery tracking number, shipment number) will be collected after obtaining your explicit consent through private messages and be stored in China. Your data will be used for the prize delivery and necessary follow-up contact. For instance, we will contact you for feedback about any questions you may have or for fulfilling the prize requirements.
4. How we share your personal data
(1) Sharing with third parties: For winners, your personal data will be shared with logistics
providers. We use shipping agency (DHL) to deliver the prizes of the Activity. For more details,
please refer to DHL’s Privacy Notice.
(2) Legal or regulatory disclosures: HONOR may share your data where there is a reasonable requirement to do so, for example, to meet requirements of applicable law and regulation, or in response to requests from regulators, courts or government agencies; or to establish or defend our legal rights.
5. How long we store your personal data
(1) We retain your data related to comments, reposts, and likes of the contest post in our profile
on respective social media until you delete them or your contest post.
(2) We retain your name, postal code, telephone number, shipping address for up to a maximum of 12 months from the date when the winners are announced.
(3) We retain your personal information for no longer than is necessary to achieve the stated purposes unless there is a legal obligation to store them.
6. How we safeguard your personal data
We implement appropriate technical and organizational security measures to safeguard personal data
from unauthorized access, disclosure, use, modification, or loss, including by employing
cryptographic technologies to ensure the confidentiality of data in transmission and deploying
access control mechanisms to ensure that only limited and authorized personnel can access your
personal data where there is a business need to do so.
We comply with all applicable legal requirements to safeguard EU personal data transferred outside of the EEA. To share data within our corporate group we have entered into EU standard contractual clauses to ensure that an equivalent level of data protection applies to your personal data even where EU data protection law does not directly apply.
7. Your rights and choices
To exercise the rights of access, rectification, erasure, restriction, objection, portability in
relation to your data or providing the directives regarding your personal data after your death, or
if you have any complaint or query about how HONOR processes your personal data, contact us by
You also have the right to lodge a complaint to your local data protection authority if you believe HONOR does not process your personal data lawfully.
8. Updates to this privacy statement
HONOR reserves the right to modify this Privacy Statement, and will note the date of its most recent
revision below. If we make significant changes to this Privacy Statement, and where required by
applicable law, we will either notify you by prominently posting a notice of such change or directly
send you a notification.
IMPORTANT: This Privacy Statement applies to the present Activity only. For our privacy commitments in relation to other products and services, please see the applicable privacy statement of those products and services. If you want to learn more about HONOR’s privacy commitments in general, please read our Privacy and Personal Data Protection Policy.