About Stand Out With HONOR
Stand Out With HONOR, as a part of HONOR Academy Program, is designed to empower young people to upskill and stand out from the crowd in today’s challenging economy. HONOR has invited some of the world’s most influential creative artists to provide top tips and guidance on what it takes to stand out from the crowd. Final candidates will take part in the final job interview, which offers young people showcase who they are and to win a once in a lifetime chance to get an internship in world top creative business.
Earn An Internship At
Grey ranks among the world's top advertising and marketing organizations, serving one-fifth of the FORTUNE 500, in 86 countries. Under the banner of "Grey Famously Effective Since 1917," Grey continues to break new ground in brand experience across every platform. Grey’s award-winning work resonates in popular culture, makes brands famous and creates lasting consumer connections.
Creative Internship Opportunity
HONOR MagicBook 14
HONOR MagicBook Pro
HONOR Watch ES
* Product images are for illustration only. Actual color of products awarded to winners will vary depending on availability
How to Join
Register as a member of HIHONOR.com
Design a piece of artwork that represents your most creative self and who you are as a person using a PC. From graphic design to photography and illustration, only the most creative entries will impress judges, so this is your chance to shine! (JPG or PNG, less than 20 MB).
Upload your piece of artwork to the following contest page (www.hihonor.com/global/events/stand-out-with-honor/).
Invited judges will select the top 10 most illustrative entries, with prizes to be won. The top 5 will be selected to take part in the 2nd round of the competition.
Round 1 Entries
Round 1 Entries Close
Round 1 Winners Announced
Design a creative CV using the HONOR MagicBook Pro and Affinity Apps.
Top 5 winners join a virtual interview with Grey Creative Directors to showcase why you should win the coveted internship.
Final two winners will be announced on this page (www.hihonor.com/global/events/stand-out-with-honor/).
Round 2 CV Entries
Virtual Interview with Grey Creative Director
14th Dec – 20th Dec
Round 2 Winners Announced
Join Our discussion on Facebook
Find out more on HONOR Club
HONOR has teamed up with some of Europe’s most influential creatives to select the winners and give unparalleled advice on how to break into the industry.
Laura Jordan Bambach
Chief Creative Officer, Grey (London)
Laura is an Australian digital designer, creative director and influential feminist. She has won numerous prestigious industry awards, including being ranked number one on The Drum's Digerati list of the top 100 most influential digital individuals in the UK in 2014.
Chief Creative Officer,Grey (Germany）
Francisca is a dynamic and goal-oriented creative. Prior to joining Grey, she was Managing Director at thjnk and has held creative roles at Jung von Matt and Serviceplan. She was Spokeswoman of the Executive Committee of the CommClubs Bavaria and is a member of the Art Directors Club Germany.
CEO, Sleek (Germany)
Christian Bracht is a magazine aficionado who has turned his passion into his profession. After graduating in business administration, Christian joined the advertising agency TBWA. Years in advertising have shaped his requirements for the value of content and have been incorporated into the orientation of SLEEK.
Creative Director,BCW (London)
Pete Way, BCW’s Creative Director in London, is an award-winning senior creative and executive producer who has spent 20 years working with both agencies and brands. He was recently voted in the 2020 top ten Creative Directors in the UK and PR Power List by PR Week.
Executive Creative Director,Landor (Europe)
Since joining Landor in 2012, the agency has become one of the most highly awarded in the world. Tristan frequently judges at international awards, including Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity.
Stand Out With HONOR
2020 is a year filled with uncertainty and for those fresh out of university, the competition for jobs is tougher than ever. Through our Stand Out with HONOR creative program with Affinity and Grey, we want to help young people take full advantage of their own creativity and utilise tech tools like the HONOR MagicBook Series to get a head start, by helping them stand out from the crowd and make a winning first impression.
Terms and Conditions
The “Stand Out With HONOR” contest (hereinafter referred to as the "Activity") is organized by Huawei Device Co., Ltd (the “Organizer”). Activity participants (the "Participants") take part in the Activity by submitting a piece of artwork. All Participants shall be deemed as having agreed to the following terms and conditions.
18:00, 28th October, 2020 to 24:00 21st December (UTC+2)
You have the chance to apply for a four week work paid internship at Grey London or Grey Hamburg
(x2) and win HONOR MagicBook Pro (random color; prize value based on the local price) (x5), HONOR
MagicBook 14 (12nm version, random color;
prize value based on the local price) (x1), and HONOR Watch ES (random color; prize value based on
the local price) (x5)
(1) In the 1st round, 5 participants will win an HONOR MagicBook Pro and selected to take part in a final round interview with Grey, 5 runners up will receive an HONOR Watch ES
(2) In the 2nd round, two participants will be selected to undertake the four-week paid internship.
(3) From the 17th Nov, 2020 to 14th Dec, 2020, the participant with the most votes on the HONOR’s Global Facebook will win a HONOR MagicBook 14(12nm version, random color; prize value based on the local price).
How to join
1. 1st Round: Submission
(1) Participants must be a registered member of HiHONOR (hihonor.com/global/).
(2) Participants need to use a PC to design a creative piece of artwork that represents who they are as a person (Not limited to photo/graphic design/painting, less than 20MB), and upload it through the “Join Now” button.
(3) A panel of guest judges will select the top 10 most illustrative works from all entries, ranking them from 1 to 10 (1 being highest). The top 5 will be invited to go through to the 2nd round. All winners will be announced on this page (www.hihonor.com/global/events/stand-out-with-honor/).
2. 2nd Round: Virtual Interview
(1) The 2nd round will commence on 17th Nov, 2020.
(2) Participants will be required to use the HONOR MagicBook Pro and Affinity software to design a CV and directly submit this to Grey. If participants fail to do so within the required period or the CV they provide does not comply with the rules stated by the Organizer, it shall be deemed that they have waived the right to participate in the 2nd round, and their position shall be granted to the participant who is ranked immediately below them.
(3) Participants will be required to document their CV creation process and share the raw video material with HONOR, for use in a piece of video content which will be published across HONOR’s social channels, website and via PR outreach
(4) Participants will be required to take part in a 1:1 Virtual Interview with Grey
(5) Participants will be required to record questions around the job hunting / interview process which will be posed to a panel of guest judges, the content of which will be turned into a piece of video content which will be published across HONOR’s official channels and via PR outreach
(6) Following the 1:1 interviews, Grey will select two successful candidates to take part in the four week paid internship, who will be announced on this page (www.hihonor.com/global/events/stand-out-with-honor/).
(1) Shortlisted participants of 1st round will be announced on 17th Nov, 2020;
and the final two successful participants will be announced on 21st Dec, 2020.
(2) Participants must be over 18 years old and those applying for the internship at Grey must have the right to work in Europe
(3) Participants will be selected according to the selection criteria.
(4) Participants can submit multiple submissions, but will only be eligible to receive one prize
(5) Submissions cannot include any third-party logos that are not related to the contest. All content must be original, and designed by the participant him/herself. If a participant’s entry is found or reported to plagiarize other’s content, this participant will be disqualified.
(6) Submissions containing any defamatory, obscene, illegal, offensive, or any other unsuitable material will be disqualified and withdrawn by the participant. Submissions sent in through agents, third parties or multiple accounts will be disqualified.
(7) The Organizer reserves the right to exclude a participant who violates these terms and conditions, tampers with the contest, or makes false representations or statements that violate applicable law or infringe third-party rights. If a participant is excluded, prizes and benefits may be subsequently revoked and reclaimed.
(8) Employees of the Organizer and its partners are not allowed to participate in the contest.
Candidates for the internship opportunity will be selected by a panel of guest judges. The review
criteria for both the 1st round and 2nd round, include but are not limited to
(1) Creativity: Outstanding imagination
(2) Artistry: A visually striking piece of artwork which is vivid and lively.
(3) Judges Score: Percentage System; the highest and lowest scores will be removed, and an average score will be calculated based on the remaining results to come up with an overall top ten.
(1) Once winner’s are announced, winners should contact HONOR within seven working days through
firstname.lastname@example.org to confirm their prizes. Prizes will be shipped within thirty working days
(unless delays as a result of Covid-19).
(2) The Organizer shall bear all freight costs incurred for shipping the prizes.
(3) 2nd Round: Interns will get paid the living wage for the 4-week internship. All other expenses incurred during the internship shall be borne by successful candidates.
(4) Interns shall assume personal income taxes incurred as a result of this Contest. The Organizer shall decide whether to withhold and remit the tax on behalf of the winners based on relevant tax requirements.
(5) If a prize is not distributed to a winner due to the fault of the winner, the winner shall be deemed as having waived the right to claim the prize. In the event of an accident, if the designated prize cannot be provided, The Organizer has the right to substitute a prize of similar value. Prizes cannot be transferred to another person or redeemed for cash or other objects. Interns shall attend at Grey offices on the understanding that during internship they will have to comply with all Grey policies as directed by Grey.
(6) After receiving the prizes, winners should confirm the prizes on the spot. If an abnormality is found, please contact the sender directly. If the prize is found to be damaged after signing, the Organizer will not be liable. The Organizer reserves the right to the final interpretation of the prize. The Organizer reserves the right to exclude a participant who violates the conditions of participation or tampers with the contest. If there are quality issues regards to HONOR device that is won from the Contest, please go to the ASC/MSC in your residence, there will be service personnel here to help you with the concerned issue.
Privacy and Personal Information
The Organizer collects personal data (HUAWEI ID and Country/Region), HUAWEI ID is only used for
participants to log in to the HONOR official website to participate in the activity, and
country/region is only used to display participants’ works. And if participants are selected as
winners, the HUAWEI ID and shipment information also need to be selected via email for the award
distribution. Given that activity faces global participants, cross-border transfers of personal
data will be stored in Singapore through HUAWEI cloud account and web server, and users’ shipment
information will be stored in China via activity email. The Organizer undertakes to keep the
personal data and shipment information secure and delete it within half a year. The data collected
for the Activity shall not be sold, shared, or disclosed to any third party. Users’ shipment
information will be sent to the logistics company for award distribution. Participants can exercise
the rights to access, rectification, erasure, restriction, objection or portability of data, or if
you have any complaint or query about how Huawei processes your personal data, to contact us (https://www.hihonor.com/in/legal/privacy-questions/).
If you want to learn more about Huawei’s privacy commitments in general, please read our Huawei
Consumer Business Privacy Statement (https://www.hihonor.com/in/privacy-policy/).
The internship is provided by Grey. Participants need to send CV and other information to Grey. HUAWEI will not collect and process these information data. For details, please see Grey's privacy statement.
Rights of Use
The copyright of any submitted work will be retained by its creator/submitter. However, all participants should have independent, complete, clear, and uncontested copyright of any and all submitted works. They should also ensure that their works should not infringe on any third parties, including but not limited to the copyright and rights of portrait, reputation, and privacy. All participants will be seen as assenting to the terms of this clause. All legal costs and liabilities arising from the aforementioned clause shall be borne by the participant, and the submission platform and the event organizer shall not be liable for such aforementioned infringements, nor their legal costs or liabilities. By submitting work to this Activity, participants accept that the organizer has the right to use their submissions for campaigns and product and brand marketing for free, and use them globally including but not limited to using submissions in network media, print media, photography exhibitions, retail stores, road shows, digital content, out-of-home media, and other marketing activities.
The Organizer will contact winners via the website's inbox on https://www.hihonor.com/in/user-center/.
Second Round Awards
<KATIE WOZ HERE>
<Skin & Bone>
First Round Awards
<E M Lynch Creative C.V.>
<'I am abstract' — Explores my 'abstract' creative personality>
<Will you reuse it now?>
It’s deemed the winners who hasn’t feedback us before 19th November has waived the right to participate in the 2nd round or getting the prize. Please the new selected winners kindly log in the hihonor account and follow the award claim instruction.
Submit Your Work